10.02.2009

Tourist

Tourist

I'm such a woose. I would love to go outside and take pictures of people all day long. You know, making clever observations about our culture through the everyday actions of others. Landscapes are ok, but for whatever reason, I much prefer photographs with people in them. Some human element. And although Laura makes a lovely model, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I found some additional subjects. But whenever I'm out, about to lift the camera to my eye, I get these apprehensions about what they might be thinking. "Why is he taking a picture of me?" "I don't like my picture taken without a good reason." "Do I have a booger on my nose?" "I don't trust that guy." The modern association of man with camera and pervert doesn't really help matters either. So I usually chicken out and end up with a lot of pictures of people's backs, when they're not likely to notice me. Oh well. I still get some that I like.

And a bonus photo since this one fits the theme so well.

Couple

1 comment:

  1. put on an official-looking polo (and if possible, a name badge). People question you less and accept you as part of the environment. I do a lot of street on my campus and I just put on a black polo with my badge from work (it has the logo on it) and people don't think twice of me.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete