9.22.2009

Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad

Probably my favorite photo of my mom and dad. At least that I've taken. They had driven all the way to Chicago to hang out with the rest of my friends and family at a baseball game for my birthday, which I'm sure they had very little interest in (the baseball, not the birthday). It also happened to be about 33 degrees and raining. But my mom is always ready to laugh at a less than ideal situation. The more absurd the better. And my dad quietly takes it all in stride, a smile lurking just beneath the surface alonside a chuckle for my mom's silliness.

Thanks for all the laughs, among other things.

3 comments:

  1. One thing I really like about this photo is the pure elation that appears to be on Rick's face in the background as he gets to see a live baseball game. That days was just about as gross as it gets during baseball season, but few things can stop his enthusiasm. He and your mom are a good combo to round out the somewhat more somber looking crew in between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, his face is happy punctuation at the end of the line of faces. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I could parallel this with pictures from Brian's grad..again bleachers + freezing temp+ rain and mom and dad are making SNL jokes and giggling.
    Love.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete