11.20.2009

Calm

Calm

Before we left for Bermuda, I had visions of sapphire blue seas, sparkling beaches and cobalt skies, all waiting to be photographed and plastered on my desktop to help me through the cold winter to come. I'm typically not drawn to the post card pictures, but for some reason I was really in the mood to bag some calender art on this vacation. The weather in Bermuda, however, did not to cooperate. The weather was warm but the skies were constantly overcast and occasionally made good on their threats to soak us. The silver lining being that we never had to worry about forgetting the sunscreen.

So instead of bright sunny days providing bold and vibrant colors, I got soft, even, subdued light. We made it to the beach one day (after being soaked on the morning scooter ride) and I took this. No palm trees or sail boats. No puffy white clouds. Just the calm, pale ocean and a nagging rain cloud reminding us that his work may not yet be finished. Hm. This may help me through the winter just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment